Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Ratings Come And Ratings Go But Immortals Never Die

I am the photo editor for the Chanticleer and have done several reviews for new albums. In order to really get a grasp of what I consider the best of the best, I decided that my first blog would be a list of some albums that I consider to be worthy of an A+ ranking.

Porcupine Tree Deadwing
Blackfield Blackfield II
Dave Matthews Band Before These Crowded Streets
Dave Matthews Band Listener Supported
Pink Floyd The Wall
Pink Floyd The Division Bell
David Gilmour On An Island
The Cure Show
Death Cab for Cutie Transatlanticism
Donavon Frankenreiter Move By Yourself
Jamiroquai Funk Odyssey
Jars of Clay If I Left The Zoo
Jars of Clay Jars of Clay
Lovedrug Everything Starts Where It Ends
Metallica Ride The Lightning
Oasis (What’s The Story) Morning Glory?
Stone Temple Pilots Purple
Sun Kil Moon Ghosts of the Great Highway

Those are a few of my A+ albums. I tried to not include any compilations or any greatest hits albums. However, I did include two live albums due to their exceptional quality. That being said, I hope that this will shed better light on the standards I hold all albums against.


No comments: