Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Cover It Up

Have you ever just seen the cover of an album that just drew you in towards it? I have found myself being mesmerized by an album's cover many times. However, I sometimes find that you can't judge an album by it's cover. I have made that mistake all too many times.

Every once and awhile, you will find that the album covers that draw you in encase what will one day become one of your favorite albums.

Lovedrug Everything Starts Where It Ends

Then, you can also find album covers that just seem to fit the album perfectly.


Sun Kil Moon Ghosts of the Great Highway


Also, some album covers become simply iconic.

Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon

If you are like me, you also have you have certain album covers that are your favorites.



Pink Floyd The Division Bell



Porcupine Tree Deadwing

For me, a good album should be accompanied by a good album cover.

P.S. If some of this does not make sense, it will help to know that I wrote this on very little sleep.

No comments: