Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Escape from the Busy Planet

Here lately, I have been extremely busy. This has left me extremely tired.

However, I have found time to listen and, in some cases, review some pretty good albums.

I have went back to listening to some old faves. I have been listening to Black Holes & Revelations and Absolution by Muse. Particularly, I have been listening to "Knights of Cydonia" off of Black Holes to help me wake up for those early morning classes. The song just gets you pumped up for the day when you hit just a little past its four minute mark. If you haven't heard it, you need to take the time to give it a chance.

Muse Black Holes & Revelations

Muse Absolution

I have also had the chance to do several reviews for The Chanticleer. Last week, I reviewed the new Riverside album, Rapid Eye Movement. I was simply blown away by the level of complexity of the music. This week, I reviewed the new Coheed & Cambria album, No World for Tomorrow. If you want my review on it, you have to check it out when it is printed out in this week's issue of The Chanticleer or on The Chanticleer's website on Thursday.

Riverside Rapid Eye Movement

Coheed and Cambria No World for Tomorrow

Music is by far one of my favorite escapes from the hustle and bustle of my life. Thankfully, I have had plenty of music to help me escape. I welcome with open arms an escape from this fast moving world.

No comments: