Tuesday, October 2, 2007

I'm in the mood for...

It happens all the time. You come home from work, school, a date or something else and you are in a certain mood. You're depressed. Heavy metal won't fit the mood. You've went out with the most amazing person you have ever met. You've got to find some music that will help you stay in that place of splendor.

I often find that my mood dictates what I want to hear on my computer or radio.

When I just want to think and relax, I often put in Sun Kil Moon's Ghosts of the Great Highway or David Gilmour's On An Island.

If I am going to go out just to ride around just for the sake of riding, I may put in Rilo Kiley's Under the Blacklight, Lovedrug's Everything Starts Where It Ends or Porcupine Tree's Deadwing.

If it's one of those days that I just need to get some motivation to get going, I may crank up Foo Fighter's In Your Honor or anything by Billy Idol.

If I am in an affectionate mood, the Rolling Stones' "Beast of Burden" always hits the spot.

If I am just in a romantic mood, Eric Clapton's "Wonderful Tonight" is always perfect or else "When the Stars Go Blue" by The Corrs and Bono.

I believe it is just human nature to connect so deeply with music. From an athlete listening to Patera's Vulgar Display of Power to get pumped up for a game to a guy trying to be sexy with his lady by playing Marvin Gaye's "Let's Get It On," people love to have music that reflects what they feel at the time. However, the guy that tried to use "Let's Get It On" might soon find himself listening to "How Could This Happen To Me" by Simple Plan.

No comments: