Tuesday, November 20, 2007

12 Minutes until Deadline

It's that time again. And once again, I have had trouble thinking of what to talk about on here. So, I guess I will talk about something I experienced this week.

This past week I helped host a Guitar Hero III tournament at work. I watched some awesome guys play the game. I was sitting there amazed by people hitting five colored buttons, a fake whammy bar and a switch while watching colored circles scroll down on a screen. Later in the week, I played some guitar hero with one of my friends for a little while and couldn't even do a good job at it on medium difficulty.

This leads me to my point. We can get so amazed by someone playing something like that (though it does take a whole lot of talent), but we forget how much effort that goes into properly learning how to play a real guitar. Even if you don't necessarily like a certain band, you have to give them credit for learning to play their instruments. Now that is not to say that all bands are good either. I am not saying to not be amazed. I am simply saying give credit where credit is due and don't take good musicians for granted.

No comments: